People of all ages suffer from knee pain at some point in their lives. The knee is a complex and important pair that is essential for sitting, standing, walking, running, getting up and down. Pain is caused by different problems in different joints of the body. The knees are a large pair of bodies and carry weight so the pain is more due to various problems in the knees. Structurally, the knee femur (thigh bone), tibia (leg bone) and patella (knee cap) are made up of three bones and different types of ligaments. The smooth cartilage at the ends of the bones in the joint (meniscus) helps in various movements of the joint and maintains the stability of the ligament joint. The pain of some problems starts suddenly; Again some of the pain starts slowly and lasts for a long time. Considering the place of origin of the pain – most of the pain is local or tolerable pain in the knee and some pain comes from the referrer or waist and lumbar joint.
Causes of knee pain:
- Eighty percent are hereditary
- Articular surface (cartilage) injury
- Meniscus (between the two bones) injury
- Ligament instability or injury
- If the bones of the pair are broken and the pair is displaced
- Deformed condition of hip or knee joint
- Osteoarthritis occurs in the later life of players or others due to injury
- Patients with diabetes, thyroid and acromegaly suffer from osteoarthritis
- Pain due to rheumatoid, gouty, reactive, infectious and osteoarthritis
- Bursa – There are many bursa around the knee
- Synovitis, synovial chondromatosis and synovial tumors
- Bone and cartilage degeneration (osteochondritis desiccation)
- Patellar cartilage softening and erosion (chondromalacia patella patella)
- Tubal Tuberculosis Problems (Osgood Schlatter’s Disease)
Symptoms: The type of symptoms depends mainly on the causes. The main symptoms are as follows:
- The main difficulty is pain
- It is difficult to go up and down the stairs
- If you sit for a long time, the knees become stiff and it is difficult to straighten
- It is difficult to pray
- Sitting on the toilet makes it difficult to get up
- Occasionally there is swelling of the knees
- The pair has the word, which is called cryptitus
- Sometimes the joint gets stuck or cannot be straightened
- The muscles become dry
- The joint is unstable due to muscle weakness and ligament damage
- If you walk in an uneven place, you will feel that the twins will turn or run away.
Things to do or treatment: The healing of the knee depends on the cause of the pain. In most cases knee problems are better treated conservatively or medically. However, before starting the treatment, the patient needs to undergo a thorough physical examination and the necessary laboratory tests.
- Blood-CBC, RA, RBS, CRP, Serum Uric Acid and ICT for TB
- CT scan
- Joint fluid – bacteriological and biochemical tests
- Synovial biopsy
Conservative treatment or cure:
1. Necessary rest
2. Taking analgesic drugs to cure pain
3. Antibiotic therapy
4. Exercises to stress the muscles, to be flexible and strong
5. Physical Therapy – SWD and UST
6. Intra-articular steroid injection
7. Using a ni cap or elastic support will keep the pair in balance
8. Using hot shakes will reduce some of the pain
Operation: Necessary operation or surgical treatment depending on the cause of the problem:
- Arthroscopy: Arthroscopy: By inserting an arthroscope into the pair through a small hole,(a) Osteophytes and infected synovium are removed, (b) synovial biopsy is taken, (c) meniscus is repaired and (d) new ligaments are made using state-of-the-art method.
- Necessary treatment for bone fractures should be provided
- Reliance osteotomy
- Joint replacement
- Joint fusion (orthodontics)
With age, knee pain becomes a constant companion. When I get up from sitting, when I go down the stairs, my knees become two tons. Sometimes even words. This knee pain cannot be completely cured by treatment all the time, it can be reduced only a little bit.
Usually young people suffer from knee pain due to injuries. Injuries to the cruciate ligament or cartilage meninges of the knee can cause severe knee pain. Sudden changes of direction or sprains can occur during sports or running. Injuries or inflammation in the bursa can also cause knee pain. Bar্সa is like a liquid bag outside the knee. It acts like a cushion and helps handle injuries.
Pain and swelling
Symptoms of septic arthritis include sudden pain, swelling, redness or fever in the knee. In these cases, it may be necessary to take high doses of antibiotics for a long time after extracting some juice from the joints. Gout can also cause the joints to turn red and swollen. The treatment of gout is different, of course, not antibiotics. So it is not right to start treatment without diagnosing the problem properly.
Aging knee pain
The pain in both knees with age is mostly due to osteoarthritis. This pain is aggravated by bending or moving the knee, usually not so much as swelling or redness, but can sometimes be a tingling sound. Some changes in lifestyle, hot or cold sneezing, some painkillers or physiotherapy if necessary are the solution to this problem. Lately this problem has also led to knee replacements.
Pain in osteoarthritis may become a constant companion in your life with age. But accept it and change your life. Control excess weight and maintain normal weight. Do not work with your knees bent, do not sit on the floor, pedestal or in a reclining seat. Do not stand or sit for long periods of time. Use high commode. Do not carry heavy objects. Learn muscle exercises from a doctor. You can take hot sneeze two-three times a day. If the pain level is exceeded, you can take physiotherapy.